Sunday, July 09, 2006

It's Been A While

Wow...when I logged on and realized it's been two months since I've been on, I laughed! Obviously, I haven't had much time to "stop" lately! :)

It's been a busy two months and I'm learning some important lessons. My growth group discussed what God is teaching each of us last week. It's been a while since I've thought about that. After reflection, I think I'm learning to wait. I've spent the last couple months frustrated at trying to pursue ministry and still meet the needs of my family. The family has lost out and as a result, so have I. I am now trying to refocus. Really, my success with my husband and children will be no match for success anywhere else in life. It's just really difficult to reconcile that with diaper changing...especially for our 3 1/2 year old that seems determined to use pull-ups forever!

I am really excited about my growth group! Four of us are meeting about every other week and we're starting to form a stable foundation. The relationships are beginning to gel and trust is being built. I'm also excited about our new life group. We're reading the book "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. The group is very open and has a great mix of people in various stages of their spiritual journey.

I'm waiting, but I already see things happening. Not such a bad place to be.

0 comments: