Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Trying this again!

I'm taking up blogging again. The reality is that life has been busy and blogging simply had to fall of the list.

We're entering a new stage of life at the moment and frankly, I need blogging again. Even as an introvert, I'm an external processor.

Sunday was our last day as official members of the church we've been part of for the last 11 years. It was the church we came to as newlyweds and the church that each of our children have grown up in. It was the community of believers I imagined us being part of for years to come. Through a series of events and emotions, both my husband and I came to the conclusion that God has closed this chapter of our life and it is time to embark on a new leg of the journey.

Did I mention that I enjoy comfortable surroundings and really don't relish change?

I am actually quite excited. We sincerely love the faith community we've been a part of. They have contributed to our lives and our spiritual development in amazing ways. We're excited about the future, though. We're taking some time "off" to pray and evaluate what it is that God is directing us towards. We're excited to include the kids in this process.

So, I'll be sharing the steps we take along the journey. This will again be my "stopping spot."

2 comments:

Lori said...

Welcome back! I've missed you. And I'll be praying for you & the family as you enter a new [church] stage together. It's a familiar spot to many of us, and rich in so many ways. But not always easy.
Anyway, I'll look forward to keeping up with you again.

Amy said...

Lori, I'm so glad you posted! I was just thinking about you the other day. I'm glad to hook up again.