Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pool Day

We spent the afternoon at the pool with friends today. I can tell my little family is growing.

My oldest swam his little heart out...all by himself. He's very cautious, but is getting more and more comfortable with his skills. It's so fun to watch him.

My middle kiddo had the help of a life vest. The boy is really a fish with lungs. From his first step into the pool, he grins (not smiles, mind you). It took him about 10 minutes to figure out how to swim with the vest on. From then on, he'd jump in, pop up with a sparkle in his eyes and a bit of pool snot running down onto his grinning lips. He'd swim to the side and do it all over.

My littlest floated around the pool like the queen of sheba in her floaty. About half way through she decided she wanted to play with the boys. She's so independent. I had to keep my eye on her like hawk because she wanted nothing to do with mama's helping.

I had a really great time with my kids. I love days like today.

0 comments: