Wednesday, April 09, 2008

One of Those Days

It's funny the way life happens (and not to be a pessimist, but it does tend to happen this way at times). I'm trying to pull back in a couple areas of life and "wait." I may come back and talk about that more later because it's been an interesting spot for me to dwell in.

I have this image of what I want my waiting to look like. But, then I've caught this odd cold that hasn't seemed to hit my sinuses, but every evening, I begin to have a difficult time breathing and tend to toss, turn and cough throughout optimal sleeping hours. So, I'm really tired.

Then, today I met a friend at McDonald's. The kids had a great time playing and we had a great chat. Until, that is, that last 15 minutes. My daughter got her hands stuck in a closing door, fell off the bench and hit her head against the table. Then, as she was climbing into her car seat somehow fell forward out the car door and was headed face-first for the concrete. I grabbed her by her feet, but in the process got kicked in the face. I'm still not sure how it happened, but am ever so grateful my daughter is OK and is now peacefully sleeping. I have a nice purplish-green mark on my cheek, which I'm hoping will fade substantially overnight tonight.

Anyway, all that to say, I'm sitting at my computer with an ice-pack on my face and realizing that I'm not being all that successful at "waiting." ;-)

4 comments:

One Voice of Many said...

Oh gosh I know how those days go. So sorry to read that one attacked you.

Those are tough days for everyone involved. I hope days since this post have been a little less traumatic. :-)

Michelle

Amy said...

Thanks, Michelle. The last few days have been much improved and the cold is very slowly going away. Hurray.

The McShane Family said...

So glad that at the end of it all everyone is ok.

I have had what sometimes feels like more then my share of those days!

Hope life is better this week!

Kathy

Amy said...

Hey, Kathy! Thanks. You have had your share. So nice to know we're not in it alone!