Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Some People are Weird

I had to take my three kids to the post office yesterday (which I try to avoid at all costs).

On the way out of the store, an older man (notice, I left off "gentle") asked, "So you're catholic." Astonished, I just answered, "No." So, he asks, "Mormon?" Again, with a bewildered and somewhat annoyed look on my face, I said, "No." To which he replied, "Oh...you must like to have fun."

At this point, the three other people in the room, all business men, turned around in astonishment as well. Flabergasted and quite at a loss for how to respond, I quite kindly told the man that it would be in his best interest to mind his own business on these matters. He was quite offended at me.

Some people are quite odd.

2 comments:

Kevin Beck said...

Holy cow! You sound like my wife Alisa. She is always running into strange folks out there.

Amy said...

Your poor wife! Give her a pat on the back from a fellow struggler! :)