Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School


Well, we made it through the first day of school...and it was good.

Nate has been making me nervous all summer, telling me that he was willing to go to Kindgergarten, but after all the hard work he did last year, he decided he wasn't planning to work on hard stuff this year. And let me tell you, if Nate doesn't want to work, life gets hard. Fortunately, he likes his teacher and his first day of Kindergarten was so much better than his first day of preschool. When I picked him up, he was talking a mile a minute!

Aaron seems to like his new teacher as well. She gives out pennies for good behavior that the kids can use in a penny candy dispenser...what more could 2nd graders want? Except for my son who decided he'd bring the penny home to save for Legos.

I received my class syllabus for my first seminary course. I need to have the Hebrew alphabet memorized by the first week of class. Can I just say that panic has set in for this year?! I'm so excited, but I also know that with my work schedule, the kids school schedule, my school schedule and other day-to-day stuff, it's going to be very busy. I'm sure once the routine is down, it will be manageable. I sure hope so!

By the way, are the boys cute in their uniforms?

4 comments:

One Picky Family said...

What a cute picture!

Wendy

tanya said...

First of all,this photo is priceless. I just adore your boys! They do look very dapper in their uniforms - very ready for learning.

I also love that Aaron brought his penny home to save for Legos. Thats what I like to see - focus!

Lastly, as you are realizing the buffet that is on your plate... there is no other woman I know who could pull it off like you. Let me know when you need a nap - I can take your kiddos and if the stress is building - we could play hookey together.

;)

Amy said...

Thanks, Wendy. Yes, Nate makes me laugh in that picture. He can be such a ham.

Tanya, coming from you, my friend, that's a massive complement. Thanks. I will call at some point for a nap, I'm sure!

The McShane Family said...

So cute! They have amazing smiles that make me feel happy when I see them. My they have changed and grown up since the first time I met them........

I am so glad they like their teachers....

If anyone can handle that schedule, you can! You can always count on me........