Friday, August 15, 2008

Cute Kid Quote

Tonight's dinner conversation with my 4-year-old daughter:

Daughter: "I can't eat, my heart hurts."

Me: "Why does your heart hurt?"

Daughter: "Because I asked God into my heart, but now he's sitting on it."

Chuckles from me and my husband.

Daughter, pouting, "Maybe God's jumping on my heart."

About 20 minutes later as she sits on the couch with her hands clasped in front of her:

Me: "What are you doing, Sweetheart."

Daughter: "Praying that God will get off my heart."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay that is so cute, that should make it into a "cute God quotes from kids" book!! :) so sweet & innocent & honest!

One Voice of Many said...

Kids are so funny.
Mine get mad at God for making horse-flies and thunder.

Michelle

One Picky Family said...

That's funny stuff.

Amy said...

Kathy, she's been asking so many questions lately. I was wondering what all she was doing with the info! It is amazingly innocent and honest. I hope her faith always has that quality to it.

Michelle, I think my kids would agree with you on the thunder. We haven't experiences horseflies, though.

Wendy, we did get a good laugh out of it!

The McShane Family said...

too cute!

Happy said...

so precious...

i had a little friend i used to babysit for who, upon being slugged in the chest by an older sister, was in hysterics because she thought her sister had just squished Jesus. her other sister thoughtfully pointed out that their mom said Jesus lives in heaven too, so He was probably there at the time... :)