Friday, August 01, 2008

Pet Peeve of the Day

I continue to receive e-mails that totally blast Barack Obama. They've gone anywhere from saying he wants to turn the US into a Muslim nation to the most recent claiming he snubbed soldiers while visiting Iraq in July.

I think e-mail is a great way to disseminate information. Truth-full information, that is. And, speaking of that, as Christ-followers we claim to follow the way, the truth and the life, and yet we send on e-mails defaming someone's compassion and character without once checking to see if we got our facts straight, plenty willing to believe the worst about "those liberals". Come on folks! Do a little research before entering more e-mail addresses and pressing "send".

Caveat - I know not all Christians vote conservative and those that don't are less like to send these on...so I do realize that I'm not speaking about all Christians


If you don't know where to start your research, try the Snopes website.

3 comments:

Happy said...

Hi, Amy!! Was thinking of you this morning, and realized it had been far too long since I popped by to say hi... catching up on your posts and loving the new look! (That is a GREAT picture of you, by the way.) :)

Snopes is a lovely website... I suppose I have friends who tired of me sending them links to it, but at least they quit forwarding junk...lol. :)

Hey, good for you on reading the HP books so quickly! I'm about to start my annual read-through myself. :) J.K. Rowling is brilliant, pretty much.

Anyway, I could jabber on, but I won't. :) enjoy the last week of your summer break!

love,
Happy

Amy said...

Hi, Happy. It's so nice to hear from you! And thanks for the complement.

Yes, I have come to love Snopes. It's interesting how much junk comes along that could so easily be prevented.

Regarding HP, I think I'll join you on the yearly read, but next time take it more slowly. That's the story of my life, though!

Anonymous said...

hey amy, i just wrote about this, too, i so had my limit! hope you are good and looking forward to hanging out in a few months at off the map! kathy